chopta Chandrashila Deoriatal Trek
Chopta is popularly visited as ‘Weekend destination’ and is located in Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand. This place is also a well known part of Kedarnath Wildlife Sanctuary. It is frequented by trekkers as it is the base for the Tungnath temple. Thus, Tungnath – Chandrashila and Deoriatal are the best known trekking routes in the Chopta region. Chandrashila is located at an altitude of 3,690 meters and it is the summit point of Tungnath trek. The trek route is rich with alpine meadows and forests; however, it gets covered with snow during the winter months. While in springs the entire valley blooms up with red and pink rhododendrons, In summers the valley turns up into lush green colour.
Deoriatal is 3 km from Sari and Mastura village on the Chopta-Ukhimath road. It is a pristine lake with a mythological significance dating back to the Pandavas. The dreamlike lake is surrounded by a lush green meadow and the Himalayas in the backdrop. The reflection of Mount Chaukhamba in the emerald colored lake makes it a treat for trekkers at an elevation of 2,438 meters.
Tungnath is visited by many Shiva devotees as this is the highest Shiva temple in the world. It is the third Temple of Panch Kedar circuit with Kedarnath and Madmaheshwar on the left and Rudranath and Kalpeshwar on the right. Tungnath translated as ‘lord of the peaks’ is perched at an altitude of 3,470 meters. The summit point of this trek offers an astonishing view of prominent Himalayan peaks including Chaukhamba, Bandarpunch, Nilkantha, Tirsuli, Nanda Devi, Kedar Dome, and many more. Chopta village is surrounded by oak, deodar, and rhododendron forests which are home to rare Himalayan flora and fauna.
Note: Tungnath Temple is closed in the winter season; though the trek is undertaken throughout the year.
Chopta is 450 kilometers from the capital Delhi and a must visit hill station for all. This place is a delight for adventure lovers, a spiritual habitat for explorers, and a paradise for nature lovers.
Day 0: Delhi to Chopta
- Drive: 450 Km
The journey to Chopta starts from Delhi as we pick up the participants from a common meeting point Near MCD, Kaushambi Metro Station at 10:00 PM.
Day 1: Reach Chopta
The drive becomes picturesque as we reach Rishikesh in the morning and ascend towards the mountain ranges. The holy Ganges and the soothing mountainous terrain make the drive even more pleasing as we pass via Rudraprayag-Ukhimath and reach Chopta. The day ends with a relaxing dinner and an overnight stay in the luxury camps.
Day 2: Chopta to Tungnath-Chandrashila and back to Chopta
- Trek: 5-6 Hrs
The trek starts in the morning as we ascend towards Tungnath Temple. After trekking for 3.5 km we reach the tranquil Temple of Lord Shiva. The highlight of this trek is the summit of Chandrashila which is 1.5 km ahead of the temple. The steep trail leads us to the hilltop where we are surrounded by the majestic Himalayan peaks including Nanda Devi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch, and Chaukhamba.
We chill out at the summit surrounded by the glory of the Himalayas and trek back to our camp in Chopta.
Day 3: Chopta to Deoriatal and departure to Delhi
- Trek: 2 Hrs
- Drive: 450 Km
The journey starts in the morning as we hit the road from Chopta. Sari Village is the most popular base camp of Deoriatal Trek. We start the trek through a well marked rocky trail from Sari. You can identify the giant summit of Ravanshila and Chandrashila at the other end of the valley.
It is believed that The Hindu Gods use to come and bathe in the lake, hence the locals name it Deoriatal. The lake is known for its wide panoramic views. We relax and enjoy our time near the lake surrounded by the Himalayan peaks of Chaukhamba, Nilkantha, Bandarpunch, Kedar Range, and Kalanag. The trek ends as we descend from the lake and drive back to Delhi with memories of the beautiful Chopta.
- Transport support from Delhi to Delhi. (Pickup Point and Drop Point – Kaushambi Metro Station)
- All vegetarian meals starting from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on the last day.
- Professional guide, cook and support staff.
- Forest entry charges for Indian nationals – For non-
Indian passport holders; there will be an additional charge.
- Quad sharing Tent accommodation for 2 Nights in Chopta.
- All applicable taxes
- Personal expenses like tips, personal medicines, phone calls etc.
- Any transport support during the trek apart from what is included above.
- Any cost or services not mentioned in the Inclusions.
- Cost arising due to unforeseen incidents like bad weather, medical evacuation, road blocks etc.
- Porter/mule charges to carry personal luggage – Can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 300 per day (1 soft bag per person < 12 kg).
- Trekking Shoes
- Trekking Pole
- LED Torch
- One Water Bottle (one litre)
- Lunch Box
- Basic Medications (or prescribed if any)
- Trekking Jacket
- Warm Layers
- Two trek pants
- Full sleeve dry-fit T-shirts
- Thermals (1 pair)
- Sunscreeen Lotion (SPF 50/70)
- Lip Balm (SPF 30)
- Synthetic hand gloves
- Woolen Cap
- Three pair of Socks
- Raincoat/Poncho is a must
- Daypack (Recommended), for summit Day
- Plastic cover (for wet clothes in winters and rainy season)
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Passport, Aadhaar Card, Driving license or voters ID
Cancellation By Operator
- Cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances
If the trek is cancelled due to bad weather conditions (Flood, landslide, snow, heavy rainfall, etc) or any other circumstances( Bandh, strike, earthquake, etc). Mountainiax will issue a trek voucher that can be redeemed within a period of one year for the same trek or any other trek from the date of the original departure date for which the booking was made.
Cancellation by Customer
If the user wishes to cancel any booking due to any reason, the same shall be only valid if Mountainiax is notified of the cancellation in writing on its official e-mail, at least 15 days before the commencement of the trip or any adventure activity.
The following refund shall be payable to the user in case of valid cancellation as per the guidelines
- Cancellations up to 21 days prior to departure date – 70% refund
- Between 21 days to 14 days prior to departure – 50% refund
- Between 14 days to 10 days prior to departure- 30% refund
- Less than 10 days of departure – No refund or you can transfer
your trek (same batch date & same trek) to your dear one.
Note: The above-mentioned refunds are subjected to deductions for any expenses that may have been incurred for hotel booking or
transport etc. Refunds are applicable on the total cost and not on the advance amount.