Dayara bugyal Trek
Throughout The year
3 Nights 4 Days
5 To 20
Dayara Bugyal is also known as the most picturesque high altitude meadow, situated in Uttarkashi District of Uttarakhand region. ‘Bugyal’ in the local dialect means high altitude meadow or pasture lands. ‘Nature’s own garden’ as one may describe it, is nestled between the Deodar, Pine, Oak and Rhododendron forest. It is home to the rich wildlife that includes wild fox, porcupine, wild boar and many more. Birds like Himalayan Monal, Vulture, Snow Pigeon, Robin and Rosefinch are also easily sighted here. It is a perfect summer trek to witness the green meadows with the backdrop of the mighty Himalayas. These lush green meadows are developed into snow-white ski slopes during the winter season. Thus, in the winter season it is frequented by adventure lovers to take pleasure in Nordic as well as Alpine skiing.
Dayara Bugyal is one of the vast grasslands in India which covers an area of about 28 kilometers at an altitude of 3,408 m. Thus, Dayara Bugyal offers a plethora of magnificence during every season making it an ideal trek for beginners. Climbing towards the meadow altitude of 3,408 m trekkers are spell bound as the Himalayan ranges unfolds itself and peaks like Bandarpoonch, Black Peak, Srikanth, Jaonli and Draupadi ka Danda become clearly visible.
Butter festival also called Andhuri by the locals is a new means of promoting tourism. The festival takes place from 16th to 18th of August every year on the high altitude meadows of Dayara Bugyal. It is a means to express gratitude to Mother Nature for providing food and safety to their cattle. Butter and milk is smeared on each other and people sing and dance to the tunes of Dhol Damau. Cultural programs and folk dances are organized by the locals.
Based on 110+ reviews.
It's an amazing experience with Mountainiax. We are booked a customized trek for Har Ki Doon. Wonderful experience to explore the vally, we enjoyed a lot. They know what customer actually need and very careful about that. The food was very nice. Specially Mr. Abhishek helped a lot and we both enjoyed his company. Everything was perfect. A big thanks to all the people. Overall it was a wonderful experience.
So, this is my second trek with Mountainiax and what an experience. Amazing views, snow covered mountains, beautiful valley, comfortable stay and home like food...... one of the best experiences. And talking about our Guides Akshay and Ankit, kudos to them, really professional and very supportive people. Even being the group that huge (45 people to be precise), they took care of everyone. Mountainiax, you guys are doing well, keep growing!! PS- Just one suggestion, start arranging trips as well. So, that we don't have to look for another travel company.
We went on the Dayara Bugyal trek, organised by Mountainiax. It was a great experience. The organisers Saurav, Ankit, Akshay, Abhishek, Shubham and Ankush were very helpful, approachable and friendly during the entire trip. Accomodation and fooding was also very good. Overall, it was a memorable experience. Would definitely recommend choosing Mountainiax for treks in the Himalayas.
My first monsoon trek couldn’t have been such magnificently awesome and all the credits goes to team members of Mountainiax. Travelling gives us an opportunity to experience new cultures, meet people and grow our community. It is my privilege to explore the valley of flowers and Hemkund Sahib with Mountainiax. Shoutout to Subham for his never ending efforts and to whole staff members for such hospitality. I highly recommend mountainiax because of their outstanding service. Thanks to the team for an experience of a lifetime. All the best to the whole team for the future. Long way to go
I had the privilege to experience my first and the most memorable trek with Mountainiax. Being a beginner, I was a little worried but the entire team took extraordinary care of us. Both the trek leaders Abhishek and Subham were very helpful during the difficult parts of the trek. They kept us highly motivated throughout the trek. The coordination between the trek leaders was very helpful. One was with the slow ones and the other one was with the quick ones. Meanwhile, they both were also trying their best to keep the whole team together. Also, the food was very delicious and accommodations were very neat and comfortable. Quality of tents and sleeping bag was outstanding. Looking forward to more such wonderful adventures with Mountainiax.
- Transport support throughout the trip (Only for participants who have opted transportation from Dehradun)
- Premium Cottage accommodation for Day 1 in Triple sharing basis.
- Tented Accommodation in Triple sharing on Day 2 and Day 3.
- Camping Equipment’s like Tent, Sleeping Bags, Liner and mattress.
- All vegetarian meals starting from dinner on day 1 breakfast on the last day.
- Professional guide, cook and support staff.
- Forest entry charges for Indian nationals.
- For non-Indian passport holders; there will be an additional charge.
- Personal expenses like tips, personal medicines, phone calls etc.
- Any transport support during the trek apart from what is included above.
- Any cost or services not mentioned in the Inclusions
- Accommodation in Rishikesh.
- Cost arising due to unforeseen incidents like bad weather, medical evacuation, road blocks etc
- Porter/mule charges to carry personal luggage can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 300 per day (1 soft bag per person <12 Kg)
- 5% GST.
Things to Carry-
- Trekking Shoes
- Trekking Pole
- LED Torch
- One Water Bottle (one litre)
- Lunch Box
- Basic Medications (or prescribed if any)
- Trekking Jacket
- Warm Layers
- Two trek pants
- Full sleeve dry-fit T-shirts
- Thermals (1 pair)
- Sunscreeen Lotion (SPF 50/70)
- Lip Balm (SPF 30)
- Synthetic hand gloves
- Woolen Cap
- Three pair of Socks
- Raincoat/Poncho is a must
- Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Passport, Aadhaar Card, Driving license or voters ID
- Daypack (Recommended), for summit Day
- Plastic cover (for wet clothes in winters and rainy season)
Get a Call back from our expert
Cancellation By Operator
If the trek is canceled due to bad weather conditions (Flood, landslide, snow, heavy rainfall, etc) or any other circumstances( Bandh, strike, earthquake, etc). Mountainiax will issue a trek voucher that can be redeemed within a period of one year for the same trek or any other trek from the date of the original departure date for which the booking was made.
Cancellation by Customer
If the user wishes to cancel any booking due to any reason, the same shall be only valid if Mountainiax is notified of the cancellation in writing on its official e-mail, at least 15 days before the commencement of the trip or any adventure activity.
The following refund shall be payable to the user in case of valid cancellation as per the guidelines
- Cancellations up to 21 days prior to departure date – 70% refund
- Between 21 days to 14 days prior to departure – 50% refund
- Between 14 days to 10 days prior to departure- 30% refund
- Less than 10 days of departure – No refund or you can transfer
your trek (same batch date & same trek) to your dear one.
Note: The above-mentioned refunds are subjected to deductions for any expenses that may have been incurred for hotel booking or
transport etc. Refunds are applicable on the total cost and not on the advance amount.